Photography Tips- Eye Level Shooting
I get many questions from people on how I get eye level or ground level shots. Do I get out of the car? Hang my camera out of the car? – Absolutely not, it is strictly prohibited, extremely dangerous, can disturb the animal and I strictly refrain from doing these things.
I travel in a jeep (below) that is modified to help me get to eye level. All Safari Vehicles usually have two-tiers of seating. We just remove the first tier in order to get a lower angle (and if its only me in the vehicle, I remove both the seats). Most photographers do this and it is quite easy to do so. You just have to ask your driver/hotel to provide you with a vehicle, whose seat can be taken off.
It is critical that you own a beanbag for this kind of shot. Depending upon where you buy them from, beanbags are extremely reasonable (200-1500 rupees). Using a beanbag will give a lot stability and a position to balance your camera. It can make a difference between a sharp and an unsharp image. I always carry a beanbag for all my photography trips.
If feasible a tripod can be useful too, however it will be harder to use it because it is not as mobile as a beanbag.
– Max of 2 people is good for this kind of shooting.
– Anything more is not recommended as you cannot have 3 photographers share the Gypsy floor for eye level shooting. – It may look fun, but sitting on the floor in moving vehicle is definitely not comfortable.
– Use bean bags on the side of the Gypsy for better support for your equipment as shown in the photograph.
– Wear comfortable clothes… and bare foot is the best as it gives you a lot of flexibility to move around fast in the vehicle.
– Put a blanket or some cushioning on the floor of the jeep to make yourself a bit comfortable.
– Keep what ever equipment you have on the floor of the Gypsy for easy and fast choosing of equipment.
– Do not keep them inside the bag to protect from dust, instead put a towel or a sheet on them.
Feel Free to SHARE and help others learn.
More tips on field shooting techniques will be shared on my website to help beginners and also advanced users to understand and learn. Hope they help.
#SuyashKeshariPhotography #Tiger#LearnPhotography #PhotographyTips