Safari with Suyash to Masai Mara, Kenya
Masai Mara is one of the most iconic wildlife destinations on the planet famed for its open savannah grasslands and density of animals. It is home to over 90 species of mammals including Africa’s Big 5: Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant along with a myriad of other species such as the Cheetah, Giraffe, Gazelle, Hippo, Bat Eared Fox, Jackal, Hyena, Crocodile, Ostrich and much more. Masai Mara also boasts of having over 450 species of birds, making it a paradise for any wildlifer.
Our tour will be for 5 nights and 6 days, with unlimited game drives, night safaris, walking safaris, daily bush breakfasts G&T sundowners and an experiential picnic lunch and bush dinners along with hands-on learning of wildlife, tracking, photography, and lots of fun, laughter and adventure. And what better place to do this than in one of the most iconic locations of the world- Masai Mara.
Safari with Suyash is in collaboration with an exclusive private reserve in Mara, where you will be away from all the hustle and bustle of other tourist vehicles, in a world of your own. Being in a private conservancy you can go on as many game drives as you want, morning, evening or night, which is otherwise not allowed in the National Reserve. The private conservancy has luxurious accommodations in tents, delectable cuisine and yes, lots of game, including Africa’s big 5 for an epic safari experience!
May is one of the best times to witness the Mara in lush green conditions, the big cat activity is at an all time high and as it is not a migration time, the tourism pressure is quite low and the sighting of all other animals such as lions, elephants, antelopes, rhinos and cheetah, very high. If you want to be the only vehicle at a wildlife sighting, or to look out over the vast horizons of the Mara without other vehicles in sight, then you will love the Safari with Suyash experience.
NOTE: Being a photographer or having an interest in photography is not mandatory on this tour. This tour is for YOU and you decide what you want from it. Other focuses of this tour is learning about conservation, tracking, birding, identifying different species, reading the forest, learning animal behavior and most importantly, have a good time
Day 1 and 2 - Arrival and Transfer
Land at Jomo Kenyatta/Nairobi Wilson airport and overnight stay in Nairobi.
The next day, you will depart early morning from Nairobi’s Wilson Airport on the 50-minute charter flight to the Masai Mara. You will transition into a game drive within moments of landing. We will check in by lunchtime.
After some time to relax, you will leave for a game drive in the evening. with a stop for signature G&T sundowner in the middle of the African Savannah, driving back in the dark to look for nocturnal animals.
For people interested in photography: Prior to the trip you will also get access to my Online Masterclass. This will set you up for the upcoming safaris, where you will delve deeper into the core principles, tips, and tricks of photography – all the while receiving hands-on training from me.
- Jomo Kenyatta Airport and Wilson Airport are two airport options for Kenya. Both airports have flights from New Delhi and Mumbai.
- We will depart for Masai Mara the next day on a 50-minute private charter from Wilson Airport, Nairobi.
- Transfer in 4x4 vehicles from the airstrip to the camp.
In between safaris you will have time to relax or sit with me to go over the day’s happenings, and review and receive feedback on your photographs My entire focus will be on you all.
This night will be full of fun, great food, story time and, like it or not – silly and corny jokes by Suyash haha.
From day 3 to 5, it will be full of game drives, lots of wildlife viewing, lunch at scenic locations and spectacular sundowners.
We will do morning evening and night drives every day, but if you would like to stay out in the bush the whole day that is possible with prior planning.. Breakfasts will be served on the morning game drive and lunch and dinner will be served back at the camp. On Full day game drives, you would be served picnic breakfast and lunches on the vehicle itself.
Between the game drives, you can relax in the common areas or go for a special athletic run with the Masai tribe or spend a leisurely afternoon fishing in the river.
- Unlimited Game Drives, Night Drives, Bush walks and more
- Chartered flight transfers between Nairobi and Mara
- Activities such as Fishing and Running with the Masai at no additional cost
- Safaris in Land Cruisers with private windows and prop up open top.
- Organised in May, when the reserve is lush green due to the rains, and great for viewing big game in action.
- And finally, it's a Safari With Suyash Experience, and we can promise it will be an African adventure worth a million memories
For a full list of inclusions and exclusions, along with a packing guide, payment terms, cancellation policy etc. Please refer to the FAQ section below.
Morning safari and checkout after breakfast. Fly back to Nairobi (arriving around noon). Onward transfers to home.
- Step 1) Say goodbye to the big-cats, ele-friends and your new friends
- Step 2) Sad goodbye’s to Suyash 😔 – but they only mean that he would love to see you again.
- Step 3) Book another Safari with Suyash as soon as possible!!!
The Safari With Suyash- Mara Camp, is an intimate, luxury camp. The camp gives you a sense of tranquillity and peace, away from the crowds. The camp has all the modern amenities one can ask for in the middle of the African Bush. The beautifully designed Mess Tent offers delicious homemade delights, plenty of ice-cold drinks and a campfire for many a safari tale. Al-Fresco lunches can be enjoyed under the shade of ancient Sycamore Fig trees whilst the Olare Orok River bubbles past.
Safari with Suyash - Mara Camps
Our campsite will be in the middle of Africa. The guests can benefit from their incredible location, outstanding service and commitment to conservation. The camps ensure that the communities living alongside national parks and reserves derive tangible benefits from conserving the indigenous habitat for wildlife.
Don’t be surprised if you hear lions roaring near you, all night long😉
- Airy tents with ensuite hot shower facilities
- All meals, tea-coffee and in-house beer, wine and liquor
- Private viewing deck and verandah
- Fresh meals prepared fresh by the chef, everyday
- All tents are solar powered with ensuite hot shower facilities
- Courteous and prompt staff
Epic moments from #SafariWithSuyash
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of questions that may help you in planning your trip. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email me on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com
Can I extend my stay? Or add private safaris with Suyash
Extensions are subject to availability. The pricing mentioned below is a tentative cost. You can contact me directly on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com and we can plan it out.
Masai Mara: USD 650 per person per night
Amboseli 3N4D: USD 3,200
Kenyan Black Leopard Expedition 3N4D: USD 4,800
Serengeti Lion King Extension: Available on request
South Africa Extension: Available on request
Extensions are subject to availability.
Single Occupancy vs Twin Sharing Rooms
There are two categories of rooms:
1. Single Occupancy: Where you get the entire room to yourself
2. Twin-Sharing: Where you are paired up with another member of the group and share the room with them
The cost of the tour is per-person.
What are my payment options?
For bookings kindly mail us at SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com
Payment Terms and Cancellation Policy
Payment Terms and Cancellation Policy:
- 50% is non-refundable once the payment is done.
- The remaining amount will be refunded if cancellation is done 90 days prior to the tour start dates.
- No refund if cancellation is done between 0 – 90 days of the event.
- Your spot on the tour is only guaranteed once the full payment has been made.
- Please note that the date of written communication (e-mail) of intent to cancel will be the date considered for the calculation of the cancellation fees.
- Amendment in dates within 90 days from arrival is treated as a cancellation.
- The cancellation amount is calculated as per the total booking amount and not as per the advance deposited.
What is included and what is excluded?
Accommodation (including one night in Nairobi on the day of arrival)
Chartered air transfer to Mara from Nairobi and vice versa
Safari and Conservancy Fees
Tracker and guide fees
Flying doctors and emergency evacuation cover
Safaris as indicated on the itinerary
All meals and tea/coffee
Domestic Liquor, Beer & Wine
Domestic Road transfers in Kenya
GST as applicable
International Flight Tickets
Tourist Visa for Kenya
Health and Travel Insurance
Premium Spirits, Liquor and packaged soft drinks
Tips, Laundry, personal snacks etc.
Camera fees – if any (guests will be advised in advance)
All other expenses and activities not mentioned in the “inclusions” above will have to be borne as additional expenses by the participants
Any future hikes in Government Taxes and Safari Fees levied by the Masai Mara authorities are not accounted for in the package but will be informed to you as and when communicated to us by the authorities.
Is this Migration Season?
This is not the migration time in Masai Mara as the herds of zebra and wildebeests are in Serengeti, Tanzania but all other animals and big cats are native to the area and do not migrate. This is also the time with lowest tourist footfall, and green season which allows for an exclusive and beautiful safari experience.
Is this tour for photographers only?
NO, this tour is for everyone who is interested in exploring the beauty of our natural world, take back experiences and memories of a lifetime, make new friends who share a similar interest and most importantly connect with nature.
You can arrive without a camera, and just take back memories and experiences.
THIS TOUR IS FOR YOU!
How do I reach Nairobi?
- Nairobi has two international airports- Jomo Kenyatta and Wilson. Both airports have direct/one-stop flights from New Delhi and Mumbai
- We would suggest you arrive in Nairobi anytime post noon on the 24th of May.
Ideal Flight Timings
- We would suggest you arrive in Nairobi anytime post noon on the 24th of May
- We will fly out to Masai Mara the next morning on a private charter from Wilson Airport.
- On 29th of May, we will land back in Nairobi by around 12:30 p.m. You may book your return flights to India accordingly.
Masai Mara will be very pleasant in May. The max and min temperatures will be around 27 and 15 degrees celsius respectively.
We will also witness a bit of rainfall which gives us a great opportunity for dramatic sunsets, sunrises and animals washing off the rain droplets from their body.
What to pack?
Practical colors to wear on a safari are khaki, beige and white in all seasons. Please avoid bright and flashy clothing and strong perfumes/deodorant. It is advisable not to wear sandals or shorts during nature walks
Here are some of our packing suggestions:
- Light cotton trousers & cotton shorts
- Light cotton shirts (long & short sleeved)
- Cotton socks & comfortable walking shoes
- Showerproof rain jacket/ windbreaker
- Hats, sunglasses & scarves
- Insect Repellents
If you are simply coming to enjoy the beauty of Masai Mara and learn more about wildlife from Suyash, then you don’t need to bring any equipment with you.
If you are coming on this trip to learn and do some serious photography then you are strongly recommended to bring your own camera. We suggest brining a combination lenses, such as a zoom lens as well as a wide-angle lens. Super telephoto lenses are also excellent. If you would like to rent any equipment, please contact Suyash in well in advance.
Smartphones are also very handy these days and Suyash can train you on the best way to use them.
You can also rent equipment from Suyash, please email him on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com to reserve your equipment
If you are allergic to any food items, kindly inform at the time of check-in. A delectable spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is served at the camps. Breakfast is the combination of variety and choices from the varied cuisine and is usually served during the safari itself.
Please ensure that you are carrying a valid passport and visa as required for travel to Kenya.
Masai Mara is located in a remote location. While the camp is equipped to handle minor injuries, the nearest good hospital is an hour’s flight away in Nairobi.
Please carry your personal medications.
Expecting mothers, patients with heart conditions and any other health ailment that require constant medical attentions are advised not to travel.
What My Guests Say
Be the first to know about our new products and upcoming tours!