Safari with the Team to Corbett National Park | Safari Leader: Parth Jain
Corbett is one of India’s oldest national parks and exhibits beautiful landscapes, fast-flowing rivers and a plethora of mammal and avian species. Picturesquely located in the foothills of the Himalayas, it has one of the largest populations of tigers and is a haven for elephants in its vast open grasslands. With over 600 species of birds, it is a birdwatching paradise. Offering unique landscapes and backdrops of the Himalayan Range, it offers unique frames for photography.
Our tour will be for 3 nights and 4 days, with five safaris, hands-on learning and lots of fun, laughter and adventure. And what better place to do this than in one of the most scenic landscapes in India – the one and only Corbett National Park.
This will be followed by a delicious dinner, good old-fashioned conversation and thrilling safari stories. Post-dinner, we’ll call it a night so everyone can rest and be ready for the thrilling safaris ahead.
NOTE: Being a photographer or having an interest in photography is not mandatory on this tour. This tour is for YOU and you decide what you want from it. Other focuses of this tour is learning about conservation, tracking, birding, identifying different species, reading the forest, learning animal behavior and most importantly, have a good time
Day 1 - Arrival
Enjoy a fresh welcome drink and settle into your rooms by the afternoon followed by a meet and greet with your Safari Leader and other members of the group in the evening.
They will then brief you about the trip and also understand what you want to get out of this trip. This will be followed by a presentation on Corbett National Park where you will learn about its flora and fauna, how to track animals and understand the jungle, predict behavior and along with that, what you can expect on a #SafariWithTheTeam experience
For people interested in photography: Prior to the trip you will also get access to Suyash’s Online Masterclass. This will set you up for the upcoming safaris, where you will delve deeper into the core principles, tips, and tricks of photography – all the while receiving hands-on guidance from your leader. Don’t worry if you do not own a camera. You can take some incredible shots with your smart phone. During the entire trip, the Safari Leader will share the best way to approach and photograph the subjects and give deeper insights on their behavioral aspects.
- By Flight: Closest airport is 5.5 hours away at Delhi
- By Rail: You can take a train to Ramnagar or Kathgodam and then reach Corbett by road. Ramnagar is 15 minutes away, while Kathgodam is about 1.5 hours.
- Drive: You can drive down to Corbett if you wish. The roads in Uttarakhand are very well maintained
- Please see the FAQ section for details on booking the pickup & drop-off
In between safaris you will have time to relax or sit with the Safari Leader to go over the day’s happenings, photographs and receive feedback on them. Their entire focus will be on you all.
Before the dinner, you will meet over snacks as a group to go talk about the day and also review photographs.
Every morning, you will leave for our first safari by 5:30 AM … We know it’s early, but we promise it will be worth it!
Breakfast will be post the morning safari, at the resort.
You will return from the safari around 9:30 AM and have some time before we have to leave again for the afternoon safari around 3:00 PM.
- Five jeep safaris, subscription to Virtual Safaris, subscription to Photography masterclass
- Afternoon at leisure or Wildlife/Photography session with the Safari Leader (your choice)
- Pre-dinner photography review session or stargazing at the campus deck (your choice)
- Adventure stories with the Safari Leader.
For a full list of inclusions and exclusions, along with a packing guide, payment terms, cancellation policy etc. Please refer to the FAQ section below.
Morning safari, checkout after breakfast and onward transfers.
Transfers to and from Corbett to airport/train stations are not included in the package but can be arranged at an added cost.
The cost for transfers to Resort from Ramnagar station is INR 500 one way.
The cost for transfers to Resort from Delhi is INR 7000 one way.
We can coordinate with you for transfers to/from the airport/railway station. We generally do carpool for guests arriving at around the same time so everyone can split the costs..
- Step 1) Say goodbye to the wildlife and your new friends
- Step 2) Sad goodbye’s to your group.
- Step 3) Book another Safari with us as soon as possible!!!
One can experience wildlife and nature in true sense at Corbett Machaan Resort. At Corbett Machaan, they offer an authentic jungle experience with luxury accommodation, mouth watering cuisines & plenty of recreational facilities for the tourist to enjoy the true wildlife spirit & flavor of wild side of Corbett.
Corbett Machaan Resort
Corbett Machaan Resort is full of natural vegetation which is also home to more than 50 species of birds and provides a true jungle experience to its guests and one gets the opportunity to see the wildlife from resort itself.
- A watch tower or machan
- Open air swimming pool
- Golden Bamboo restaurant
- Nature walk and River visit
- Campfire space
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of questions that may help you in planning your trip. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email me on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com
Any future hikes in Government Taxes and Safari Fees levied by the Forest Department are not accounted for in the package but will be informed to you as and when communicated to us by the authorities.
Single Occupancy vs Twin Sharing Rooms
There are two categories of rooms:
1. Twin-Sharing: Where you are paired up with another member of the group/Safari Leader and share the room with them
2. Single-Occupancy: Where you get the entire room to yourself.
The cost of the tour is per-person.
Payment Terms and Cancellation Policy
Payment Terms and Cancellation Policy:
- 50% is non-refundable once the payment is done.
- The remaining amount will be refunded if cancellation is done 60 days prior to the photo tour start dates.
- No refund if cancellation is done between 0 – 60 days of the event.
- Your spot on the tour is only guaranteed once the full payment has been made.
- Please note that the date of written communication (e-mail) of intent to cancel will be the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
- Amendment in dates within 75 days from arrival is treated as a cancellation.
- Cancellation amount is calculated as per total booking amount and not as per advance deposited.
What is included and what is excluded?
Accommodation and all meals for the duration of the tour.
Five Safaris (3-4 guests per jeep), jeep rental and forest entry fee.
Guide and driver fees.
Access to Virtual Safaris and Photography Masterclass online.
GST as applicable
Camera fee, if applicable
Alcoholic beverages(if permitted)
Tips, laundry, personal snacks etc.
Transfers to and from Corbett to airport/train stations are not included in the package but can be arranged at an added cost. The cost for transfers to Resort from Ramnagar station is INR 500 one way. The cost for transfers to Resort from Delhi is INR 7000 one way.
We can coordinate with you for transfers to/from the airport/railway station. We generally do carpool for guests arriving at around the same time so everyone can split the costs.
All other expenses not mentioned in “inclusions” above will have to be borne as additional expenses by the participants
What are my payment options?
You can book directly through this website. For other payment options kindly mail us at SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com
Is this tour for photographers only?
NO, this tour is for everyone who is interested in exploring the beauty of our natural world, take back experiences and memories of a lifetime, make new friends who share a similar interest and most importantly connect with nature.
You can arrive without a camera, and just take back memories and experiences.
THIS TOUR IS FOR YOU!
How do I reach Corbett?
- Delhi is the closest airport to Corbett (approx. 5.5-hour drive)
- Ramnagar Railway Station is a 15-minute drive (approx.) and Kathgodam Railway Station is 1.5 hours away (approx.)
- We can coordinate with you for transfers to/from the airport/railway station. We generally do carpool for guests arriving at around the same time. Please note that all such transfers will be at an additional cost. The cost for transfers to Resort from Ramnagar station is INR 500 one way. The cost for transfers to Resort from Delhi is INR 7000 one way.
- You can also drive to Corbett if you wish. The roads in Uttarakhand are excellent.
Ideal Flight Timings
We recommend that you book any flight which arrives in Delhi a day before the tour begins so that you can reach Corbett the next day by lunch time(its a 5.5 hour drive) and any flight that leaves after 9:30 pm on the day that the tour ends. Ideal will be if you book a flight for the next day.
Corbett has a variable climate and weather conditions across the year.
The park are open from October 15th to June 15th
October to Mid-November: Mild weather but mornings can be cold and afternoons can get warm some times
Mid November to February: Are peak winter months with temperatures going as low as 0 decrees celsius on some days, but usually remain between 10 and 20 degrees celsius with incredibly pleasant afternoons where temperatures can go up-to 25 degrees. Guests should layer up during these times of the year and shed the layers as it gets warmer.
Mid February to Late March: Cool mornings and nights, but warm afternoons.
April – June: The weather is mild in the early mornings and late nights but afternoons can get very hot. They remain dry in April and May but when June rolls around, the weather gets humid and mid June onwards there are chances of rain.
What to pack?
Practical colors to wear to the park are khaki, beige and white in all seasons. Please avoid bright and flashy clothing and strong perfumes/deodorant. It is advisable not to wear sandals or shorts during nature walks
Here are some of our packing suggestions:
- Light cotton trousers & cotton shorts
- Light cotton shirts (long & short sleeved)
- Cotton socks & comfortable walking shoes
- Shower proof rain jacket/ windbreaker
- Hats, sunglasses & scarves
- Insect Repellents
For winters, pack extra:
- Heavy woolen clothing
- Woolen hats
- Scarves and gloves
If you are simply coming to enjoy the beauty of the national park and learn more about wildlife from the Safari Leader, then you don’t need to bring any equipment with you.
If you are coming on this trip to learn photography then you are strongly recommended to bring your own camera. We suggest brining a combination lenses, such as a zoom lens as well as a wide-angle lens. Super telephoto lenses are also excellent. If you would like to rent any equipment, please contact us in advance.
Smartphones are also very handy these days and we can train you on the best way to use them.
You can also rent equipment from us, please email him on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com to reserve your equipment
Access t0 internet
There is basic network available at the resort.
A delectable spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is served at the resort.
Please ensure that you are carrying a Government issued photo ID with you at all times during your travel, the one which you provided us with.
For foreign nationals, a valid passport and visa is required for travel to India and entry into the National Park
Corbett National Park is located in a very remote region of India with the nearest decent hospital being 2 hours away in Haldwani. There are some clinics in Ramnagar which are 0.5 hours away.
Please carry your personal medications.
Expecting mothers, patients with heart conditions and any other health ailment that require constant medical attentions are advised not to travel.
Can I extend my stay? Or add private safaris with the Safari Leader
YES, you can contact us directly on SafariWithSuyash@gmail.com and we can plan it out, extensions will be subject to availability.
What My Guests Say
Be the first to know about our new products and upcoming tours!